Symptoms of Menopause: Do I Need Supplements?
There are many symptoms of menopause, and supplements can help. Signs of advancing age are never especially welcome, but the symptoms of menopause and its onset are particularly unpleasant. The hot flashes, insomnia, extreme mood swings, hair loss, uncontrollable weight gain, vaginal dryness, decreased sex drive, and changes to the skin are bad enough, but there is also an increased risk of osteoporosis, breast cancer, and heart disease. Symptoms of menopause are caused by a decline in progesterone, more so than estrogen. Hormone balance via hormone therapy and supplements can greatly help relieve symptoms of menopause. Be sure to talk to a holistic doctor about the benefits of bio-identical hormone replacement and supplements to treat symptoms of menopause.
The symptoms of menopause are more common in women in industrialized nations with specific diets and lifestyles. Women from other parts of the world who come to America or Europe and adopt a Western diet and lifestyle are as likely to suffer these symptoms as native-born women.
Coping with these symptoms
There are ways of alleviating the symptoms of menopause. If you suffer from headaches or hot flashes, note what you’re eating, drinking, or going through at the time. Some women find that their hot flashes are set off by alcohol, caffeine, stress, or overheating. Hunger and lack of sleep can also cause headaches. Breathing slowly and deeply can help alleviate hot flashes. If you suffer from them at night, wearing lighter pajamas and blankets may help.
If you’re having trouble sleeping, try getting some light exercise. Make sure to stop three hours before you go to bed. To keep your mind alert, try learning a new skill.
Menopause and How Supplements Can Help
Menopause is a time of change and transition for women. The physical, emotional, and mental effects of menopause can be difficult to manage, but there are many ways to help. One way is to take supplements that can help with various aspects of menopause.
Here are a few menopause supplements that help menopausal symptoms:
1. Chasteberry is a popular supplement for managing menopausal symptoms. It helps regulate hormones and reduce hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings.
2. Sage is another popular supplement for menopause. It helps reduce hot flashes and night sweats and has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with other symptoms like joint pain.
3. Black cohosh is another well-known supplement for menopause symptoms. It can help with hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, vaginal dryness, and urinary problems.
4. Dong Quai is a Chinese herb used to treat women’s health issues for centuries.
5. Some other menopause supplements include broccoli seed extract, red raspberry, false unicorn, cat’s claw, and sqaw vine.
In conclusion, supplements can be a tremendous help to those suffering from symptoms of menopause without the risk and side effects of synthetic hormone replacement. Supplements can offer options to those who do not want or cannot take hormone replacement.
Read More Health News Articles:
10 Benefits of Black Cohosh for Perimenopause and Menopause